"Where the needle meets the skin."
The doors to Exodus Ink opened on November 1, 2008 and since then we have had an opportunity to provide high quality professional body art and piercings. The shop owner Miguel Lopez is a hard working Tattoo Artist born and raised in Chicago and through out the years he has employed an outstanding team of Artists and Piercers.
Our Studio is exceptionally clean, has high standards in sterility and thrives on professionalism. We offer a comfortable environment with a friendly approachable staff. Our main focus and goal is to please our customers with custom work at affordable prices. All of our Artists and Piercers are experienced and Bloodborne Pathogen Certified.
Exodus Ink is located in Summit, Illinois and only 3 blocks west of Chicago city limits.
7355 Archer Ave.
Summit, IL 60501
Now, you have your fresh new tattoo and you want to take good care of it! From this point on, your artist is not responsible for any infection or problems you may have with your tattoo if you don't take proper care of it. It is very important that you follow these guidelines. A really beautiful tattoo can turn into a disaster if the proper aftercare is not taken.
Tattoo Care Instructions
1. Remove bandage if one has been applied.
2. Wash tattoo with mild soap and cool water, then pat dry.
3. Apply a small amount of A&D Ointment to keep moist throughout the day for at least 2-3 days, then use
a non fragrant hand lotion for 7-10 days.
4. Do not expose tattoo to direct sunlight, swimming pools, hot tubs,
or excessive soaking in bathtubs.
5. The tattoo should not scab but will peel as if you have sunburn. If the tattoo scabs, do not pick, scratch,
or rub it off.
6. If you have any questions, just ask!
Body piercings will normally have redness, hurt, itch, and form "crusties". Swelling should go down after a couple of days and it is important to heal your body piercing with the right aftercare. Infections can be healed without taking the jewelry out. Keloids can be healed if they are taken care of right away. Everyones body is different and many healing problems are found to be from poor handling.
Body Piercing Instructions:
1. Rinse with lukewarm water, moistening any "crusties" that have built up around the piercing area.
2. Generously place anti-bacterial soap (ex. unscented dial anti-bacterial soft soap) around the piercing.
3. Using a Q-tip cotton swab, gently break up the "crusties" around the area while simultaneously
moving around the anti-bacterial soap.
4. Thoroughly rinse the area, removing any remaining soap and crust particles.
5. After the piercing has been completely cleaned, gently, using a paper towel, pat the area completely dry.
Oral Piercing Instructions:
1. Squirt a small amount of alcohol free oral rinse in your mouth.
2. Vigorously swish for at least 30 seconds.
3. Repeat two times a day to keep your oral piercing clean.
4. Use as needed after eating, smoking, or brushing.
Unlike classic body piercings, Micro-Dermals will look healed after 3-7 days. We recommend you wear a circle shaped band-aid over the dermal during every night for the first two weeks. The band-aid will protect your dermal from getting ripped out or snagged in your sleep. When you wake up in the morning, carefully remove the band-aid and clean your dermal, You will not need to wear a band-aid throughout the day unless your working condition makes it necessary. (ex. dirty atmosphere or heavy duty work conditions.) Please review body piercing cleaning instructions above.